2003 Masters of Fine Arts
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC)
1997 Bachelors of Environmental Design
Texas A&M University
Product development & design, product production, branding and implementation of brand concepts, web development & implementation, marketing & social media, brand strategy, design thinking, project management, creative direction, photography, photo styling, printmaking: letterpress, screen printing digital fabrication: laser cutting, CNC coordination
Brand Consistency: trade shows, booth design, identity, social media integration, sell sheets, catalogs, web site brand concept development and execution.
Web platforms: wordpress, ecommerce platforms: woocommerce, shopify, square space, CSS.
Digital design production: Adobe Creative Suite
Lille Huset LLC 2014-Present
Founder, Owner, Creative Director
Product design and development for home decor and kids product line: Lille Huset Dollhouses. Creative product design and development, graphic Design, production management, marketing, branding, web design and development, trade show design and display, packaging design, and distribution of the products. She has the ability to take a design from idea to the marketplace.
Notable Products created: Lille huset dollhouses, Lille Rooms, Sparkle & Shine, Marketote, Grow Books Press, ABD Letterpress Stationery & Paper Goods.
Product Distribution: J Crew, Nordstrom, Paper Source, Chicago Architecture Foundation, The National Gallery of Art Gift Shop, Unison Home, Chicago, IL, Caprices et. Comedies, Paris, FR, Little Home Gift Shop, Geneve, Switzerland, Madam Mim, Arendal, Norway, Walker Art Center Gift Shop, Minneapolis, MN, MOCA Gift Shop, Cleveland, OH, AIA Philadelphia Gift Shop, Philadelphia, PA, Barneys NY- Select stores nationally, and many independent retailers.
Grow Studio LLC 2003-2014
- Branding and Trade show work for Zachary A. Design a luxury furniture company in Chicago, IL. Work includes: Print collateral, Print Advertising, Trade show display and booth graphics, line sheets, Creative direction and consulting.- ongoing
- Packaging and brand development/ consulting: Many & Simon Toys, Sacramento, CA.
- Styling and photography: Treehopper Toys of Chicago, IL. A high end toy manufacturer.
- Brand & Web consulting: Candylab Toys, NYC. A high end toy manufacturer/ designer.
- Logo development/ Consulting: Vici Enterprises, NYC. High end toy company and distributor.
- Brand management and development: Center for Changing Lives, Chicago, IL. Non profit
- Brand management and development: St. John Berchmans Church and School, Chicago, IL
- Print Catalog: Tania Bruguera, Artist, Chicago/Cuba. Created the print catalog for her exhibition at the Venice Biennale
- Letterpress Stationery, design and production: Alyson Beaton Design, Chicago, IL. My personal company.
- Letterpress production and design: 3Verb communications, Chicago, IL
Columbia College Chicago, Associate Professor of Graphic Design 2009-2015
Over the course of 6 years I worked to develop an interdisciplinary design curriculum merging the fields of product design, visual (graphic) design/web, and interior branding. Her work to integrate design thinking and collaboration across disciplines culminated in the co-development of a design curriculum called Visual Experience Design. She worked with a team of thought leaders to create this degree program.
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago– Adjunct Professor of Visual Communications.
Corgan Media Lab 1998-2001
Initial member in Visual/Graphic Design: “Corgan MediaLab uses animation, motion graphics, visual effects, video and/or architectural renderings to illustrate compelling and inspiring stories for their clients. Since 1997, this studio of creative artists has developed narratives for a wide variety of industries from architecture to broadcast, film, and video game cinematics. Comprised of staff with architecture, film production and computer arts backgrounds, the MediaLab team is dedicated to the creative use of technology, which is instrumental in the continued advancement of the storytelling process.”
SELECTED DESIGN EXHIBITIONS
Mini Maker Faire Austin: Exhibitor, Austin, Texas
National Stationery Show, New York, NY
NY NOW: Gift show/ trade show, New York, NY
Atlanta Gift Show, Atlanta, GA
Renegade Craft Fair: San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, Chicago
Blue Genie Art Fair, Austin, Texas
International Toy Fair- Exhibitor, Modern Design, New York, Playtime Paris- New York Edition, New York, NY
Dwell on Design, June 2014- exhibitor, Los Angeles, CA
Association of Specialty Toy Retailers of America, Nashville, TN
The Business of Holidays, The Monacelli Press, Edited by Maud Lavin, Grow: An Environmentlaly Friendly Book, co-author/illustrator, Featherproof Books, Imagine Your World, Author/Illustrator, Grow Books Press.
Zachary A. Design, Center for Changing Lives, Chicago, Manny and Simon Toys, Treehopper Toys, Candlylab Toys, Vici Enterprises, Angel Band Project, St. John Berchmans Church & School, Chicago.
Notable Commissions: Nickelodeon Studios, Windham Fabrics, Barneys NYC, Seaside Florida, Monica & Andy.